I’m feeling the holiday heat. Not panic-mode heat (yet), but my to-do list is warming to an uncomfortable temperature. The strategy to keep my Christmas cool: Feta Dip.
Maybe it’s the fact that my wine advent calendar doors are nearly all opened or that Amazon’s free-shipping window will no longer guarantee my packages arrive on time, but Christmas feels alarmingly close today.
Time fuel up for some last-minute preparations!
Today’s easy dip recipe is stress free, ready in minutes, and a guaranteed hit.
Along with this Roasted Red Pepper Dip and this Honey Ricotta Dip, this whipped feta dip is one of my go-to, last-minute recipes.
Save the fussing for the holiday ham or a show-stopping dessert. All you need for this Mediterranean feta dip is a few ingredients and your food processor, and everyone always loves it!
How to Make Feta Dip
When the holiday stress sets in (and even if it doesn’t, in which case, teach me your ways), you can rely on this delightful dip. It’s an easy, pleasing recipe to have in your arsenal for any gathering.
- Feta. Salty, tangy, and incredibly scrumptious. Feta is wonderfully creamy and works well in this dip.
- Light Cream Cheese. Feta dip with cream cheese is ultra delicious! The cream cheese helps create the perfect texture and adds a little decadence.
- Nonfat Greek Yogurt. Making this a Greek yogurt feta dip helps boost the protein level and further enhances the creamy texture.
- Garlic. Garlic gives this dip an edge that keeps you coming back for more.
- Lemon Juice. Brightens up the dip and gives it some much-needed acidity.
- Red Bell Pepper + Parsley. Although this dip tastes dynamite straight out of the food processor, I gave it a festive twist by topping it with diced red bell peppers and parsley. I loved the holiday look of the red and green, and the extra crunch from the bell peppers was a pleasant contrast to the creamy feta.
For a spicy feta dip, add a pinch of cayenne or red pepper flakes.
When it comes to choosing delicious dippers for feta dip, the options are endless. Here are a few of my favorite ideas:
- Fresh veggies (bell peppers, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, tomatoes, and more!)
- Pita bread or chips
- Baked vegetable fries (zucchini or potato would be yummy!)
- Add all of the ingredients to your food process, except for the toppings. Blend.
- Transfer the dip to a bowl, and top with more feta, bell peppers, and parsley. Serve with desired dippers and ENJOY!
Make Ahead & Storage Tips
- To Store. Cover and refrigerate leftover dip for up to 3 days.
- To Make Ahead. This dip can be prepared and refrigerated up to 1 day in advance. Sprinkle with the chopped peppers and parsley just before serving.
In the unlikely event of leftovers, garlic feta dip also doubles as a dynamite sandwich spread with turkey, salami, or ham, and I suspect it would be even better smothered with Swiss or mozzarella for a grown-up grilled cheese. You could also stir it into Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes, toss it with a green salad, or use it as a spread on a pizza crust.
Tools Used to Make Feta Dip
The Best Food Processor
This high-powered, easy-to-use food processor is useful in so many recipes. It’s a kitchen appliance that’s worthy of a spot in your cabinets.
- 6 ounces crumbled feta cheese divided
- 4 ounces light cream cheese Neufchatel cheese, at room temperature
- ⅓ cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- For Serving: crackers, fresh veggies, and/or pita bread or pita chips
In the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade,place two-thirds of the feta, the cream cheese, Greek yogurt, garlic cloves, lemon juice, oregano, and black pepper. Blend until smooth.
Transfer the dip to a serving bowl, then sprinkle with the remaining third of the feta, diced bell pepper, and parsley. Serve immediately with crackers and veggies as desired, or refrigerate for up to 1 day. If making ahead, sprinkle with bell peppers and parsley just before serving.
- TO MAKE AHEAD: This dip can be prepared and refrigerated up to 1 day in advance. Sprinkle with the chopped peppers and parsley just before serving.
- TO STORE: Cover and refrigerate leftover dip for up to 3 days.
Serving: 1(of 6)Calories: 125kcalCarbohydrates: 4gProtein: 7gFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 36mgPotassium: 106mgFiber: 1gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 669IUVitamin C: 18mgCalcium: 183mgIron: 1mg
Join today and start saving your favorite recipes
Create an account to easily save your favorite projects and tutorials.