What is FuboTV?
FuboTV is a live streaming provider that started out as a sports-focused service but has evolved into an all-encompassing offering that will appeal to cable cutters.
The FuboTV service launched in January 2015 and initially delivered live streams focused on soccer, which is why it’s our top ranked streaming service for soccer fans. It eventually branched out and added entertainment and news channels as well as wider sports coverage, including MLB, NBA, NFL, and NHL action. It now has more than 250,000 subscribers. In addition to streaming live channels, it also enables subscribers to purchase add-on packages that extend their viewing options.
FuboTV was the first streamer to offer 4K HDR pictures — a feature that launched in 2018, just in time to broadcast high-quality World Cup soccer streams. It was also the second live streaming service to support and provide content through the Apple TV app across iOS devices.
- Affordable cost: Starting at $64.99/month for the basic package.
- Availability of many of the most popular channels: fuboTV has most of the most popular channels that you could get with any cable TV package.
- Cloud DVR: The service recently added a Cloud DVR to record your favorite streaming shows and movies. It currently has 250 hours of recording on the lowest plan, and you can upgrade to 1000 hours for $16.99/month.
- Lookback viewing: If you miss your show when it airs live, you can watch the “lookback” version of the show for up to 72 hours after it airs, even if you didn’t record it.
- Month to month contracts: The service uses a month-to-month contract, so no worries about canceling at any time if you want to.
- Compatible with many devices: fuboTV will work well with a variety of devices from Amazon Fire TV, to Apple TV to Android TV and mobile devices. They even have options for Mac and PC!
- Limited live local channels: Many live local channels are not available via fuboTV, as well as ESPN networks.
FuboTV plans and pricing
FuboTV Channels and Plans
When signing up for fuboTV’s 1-week free trial, you can pick from three plans, “Family,” “Elite,” or “Latino.”
FuboTV’s Family package costs $64.99 per month after the free trial. You can watch on three screens at the same time and get 250 hours of cloud DVR storage. The Family Plan includes the following channels:
A&E ABC ABC News Live AMC Animal Planet BBC America beIN BET Bravo BTN CBS CBS Sports Network CBS News Cheddar CMT CNBC Comedy Central Comet TV COZI TV Discovery Disney Channel Disney Junior Disney XD E! ESPN ESPN2 ESPN3 Food Network FOX FOX Business FOX Deportes Fox News FS1 FS2 Freeform fubo Sports Network FX FXX fyi Galavision Get TV Golf Channel Hallmark Hallmark Drama Hallmark Movies & Mysteries HGTV History IFC Investigation Discovery LifeTime Lifetime Movie Network Local Now MotorTrend MSNBC MTV National Geographic NBC NBCSN NBC Universo NFL Network Nick Jr. Nickelodeon Olympic Channel OWN Oxygen Pac 12 Paramount Network Pop TV Smithsonian Channel Sundance Syfy Tastemade Telemundo The CW The Weather Channel TLC Travel Channel TUDN TV Land TVG Unimas Universal Kids Univision USA VH1 Viceland WETV
FuboTV’s Family package also offers live local ABC, CBS, NBC, and Fox in many parts of the US. See this table for locations: FuboTV Local Channels
Fubo TV also offers Regional Sports Networks in select markets. Below is a breakdown of those offerings, but you can see all the channels specific to your area using this link.
Regional Sports Networks
AT&T SportsNet Southwest AT&T SportsNet Pittsburgh (as of 1/12/21) NBC Sports Chicago NBC Sports Washington NBC Sports Boston NBC Sports Northwest NBC Sports Philadelphia NBC Sports Bay Area NBC Sports California SportsNet NY NESN (New England Sports Network) MSG Network (Madison Square Garden)
If you are looking for other channels that are not available from fuboTV, we cover a number of other live TV streaming services. You can check out the channel lists of any of those services in the list below.
Hulu Live Channel List YouTube TV Channel List Philo TV Channel List Vidgo Channel List Sling TV Channel List AT&T TV Now Channel list
FuboTV Elite Plan
This plan costs $79.99 per month and includes the following:
All channels and features that comes with with the Family package Allows for five simultaneous streams instead of three increases your FuboTV DVR storage to 1000 hours includes the FuboTV Extra channel add-on
The Elite package includes “FuboTV Extra” add-on with the following channels: ACC Network, American Heroes Channel, BBC World News, BET Her, BET Jams, BET Soul, CNBC World, Cooking Channel, Destination America, Discovery Family, Discovery Life, DIY Network, ESPNU, ESPN News, FXM, Fuse, Game Show Network, GINX Esports, Great American Country, INSP, Law & Crime, Logo, MLB Network, MTV Classic, MTV Live, MTV2, mtvU, Nat Geo Wild, NBA TV, NHL Network, Newsy, Nick Music, NickToons, Pac-12 Networks, People TV, REVOLT, SEC Network, Science, Sony Movie Channel, Stadium, TeenNick, Tennis Channel, and Zona Futbol
This is FuboTV’s Spanish-speaking base package. It includes the ability to watch two screens at once and 500 hours of DVR space. The Plan costs $29.99 per month and offers the following channels:
beIN Sports beIN Sports Español Cine Sony Television Discovery en Espanol Discovery Familia El Gourmet ESPN Deportes Estrella TV FOX Deportes Galavision Gol TV (Spanish) Mas Chic Nat Geo Mundo Nuestra Tele Telefe Tr3s TUDN TUDNxtra TyC Sports Unimas Univision Zona Futbol
FuboTV Supported Devices
FuboTV is supported by the following streaming devices:
- Android smartphones
- Android tablets
- Apple TV (4th Gen and later)
- Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick
- Samsung Smart TVs
- Xbox One
Points To Be Aware Of With fuboTV
There are some things you need to be aware of when you sign up for fuboTV. There are some quirks to the service.
- You can only stream to a limited number of devices: With fuboTV you can only stream to 2 devices whether at home or on the go.
- Live broadcast networks not all available: Not all of the live local broadcast network stations are currently available, with mainly CBS and Fox affiliates currently being available. At our house, we use a Tablo over-the-air DVR to record all of our favorite over-the-air broadcast network shows, and we have an antenna on our main TV if we want to watch something live, so it isn’t a deal-breaker for us.
- Be sure your favorite networks are available: With fuboTV some networks you may see on most other services may not be available. For example, for my family, the ESPN networks and TLC are not currently available.
- DVR is limited to 30 hours, or you’ll pay extra: The basic DVR only has 30 hours of programming recording available. Any more than that and you’ll need to upgrade to a higher tier plan.
fuboTV – The Sports Centered Streaming Service
When I first heard of fuboTV a while back I didn’t really look into it very closely because they were so focused only on soccer content. In the past year or more they’ve begun adding network agreements that have allowed them to become a much more mainstream over-the-top streaming service with content for all of the major sports, news, and entertainment.
They also have advanced features that not everyone has like a cloud DVR, TV everywhere login, and the ability to watch your TVs and movies at home or on the go. At a price of only $64.99, they’re not the cheapest streaming service, but the sheer number of sports channels and events available in 4K may make up for it.