If you’ve fallen as in love with your Instant Pot as I have (this is the model I’ve owned for years), then like me, you are likely always on the lookout for the best Instant Pot recipes, especially healthy Instant Pot recipes. (So easy! So good! So ONE POT = FEWER DISHES!)
I have a growing collection of Instant Pot recipes on my site. You’ll find something for everyone at your table.
Not only are these recipes truly flavorful and delicious, but they’re good for you too!
Further, these recipes WORK. If you have been frustrated by Instant Pot recipes with unclear directions or that don’t turn out as promised, you’ll be delighted to find that every one of these recipes is carefully written and has glowing reviews from happy families.
You’ll find everything from low calorie Instant Pot recipes, to healthy instant pot recipes low carb-style, to chicken recipes, to vegetarian recipes, to sides and SO. MUCH. MORE. I even have Instant Pot recipes for breakfast (hello, Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats) and dessert.
This guide goes beyond my top 10 healthy Instant Pot recipes. It’s all-encompassing and breaks down my best Instant Pot recipes into categories.
It also contains some of my best Instant Pot tips.
Get your Instant Pot ready, because you are going to want to save these recipes and come back to them again and again.
Click the links below to jump to the section of your choice, or keep scrolling to view them all.
Benefits of Cooking with an Instant Pot
- Quick & Hands-Free. An Instant Pot turns time-consuming recipes into quick and easy ones. Better yet, you don’t have to stand over the stove while your recipe cooks. One of my favorite time-saving, hands-off hacks is this easy Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes recipe.
- Great for Last-Minute Meals. Since you can cook frozen meat in an Instant Pot, it’s an excellent tool for making meals at the last minute (like this Instant Pot Chicken).
- Year-Round Recipes. The Instant Pot is a tool you can from season to season. Whether you want healthy summer Instant Pot recipes (like these potluck-approved Instant Pot Ribs) or winter Instant Pot recipes (like this Instant Pot Beef Stew), you can easily find something to make.
- Sauté and Cook. The Instant Pot provides the opportunity to both sauté and pressure cook in the same vessel (less to wash!).
Instant Pot Tips and Tricks
- Natural Release vs. Quick Release. A quick release causes the steam to escape rapidly, which can help deter overcooking (this is great for pasta). A natural release allows the pressure to decrease more slowly, making it a wonderful choice for recipes with lots of liquid or when you want to let ingredients rest after cooking (such as a soup or large cut of meat).
- Avoid Burn Warning. Make sure you scrape any stuck-on bits of food from the bottom of the pot before you seal it and start cooking. Pieces of food stuck to the bottom can trigger the “burn” warning on your Instant Pot.
- When to Increase Cook Time. Interestingly, you don’t typically need to alter the pressure cooking time of a recipe when you’re doubling it. The pressure cooking time should be increased, however, if you are increasing the SIZE of your individual ingredients. For example: if you’re making Instant Pot Chili and choose to cut your vegetables into much larger pieces, then your time will need to be increased, as those ingredients will take longer to cook.
- Don’t Overfill. Keep your food below the fill line inside your Instant Pot to ensure that everything cooks evenly.
Recommended Tools to Make Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot. I own and love this 6-quart model. I use it multiple times a week, and it works as well as the day I bought it.
- Instant Pot Trivet. Great for elevating ingredients inside the Instant Pot.
- Sharp Chef’s Knife. An indispensable tool for cutting fruit, veggies, meat, and more!
- Large Cutting Board. Extra space makes it easier to cut large amounts of ingredients at once.
- Instant Read Thermometer. When cooking meat, this tool is the best way to ensure it’s cooked through.
- Immersion Blender. Perfect for blending soups right in the Instant Pot.
Now, let’s get to those healthy Instant Pot recipes!
With options for potatoes, beans, and even mac and cheese, there’s an Instant Pot side dish for every meal.
No need to simmer a sauce on the stove all day. Making Indian recipes in the Instant Pot is easy, quick, and totally delicious!
This list includes soup recipes that are compatible with Paleo, Whole30, AND low-carb diets. They’re filling, scrumptious, and great for meal prep!
These healthy instant pot chicken recipes burst with crowd-pleasing Mexican flavors. Try classics like enchiladas and tacos, or whip up the reader-favorite Mexican casserole.
Faster, healthier, and more delicious than takeout! These Asian-style recipes are flavorful and use simple, easy-to-find ingredients.
The best meatless recipes for your Instant Pot! These recipes are hearty, filling, and even meat-lovers will enjoy them.
Readers and their families RAVE about these comforting, homey recipes. This list includes everything from an easy way to make ribs to the best beef stew.
YES, you can even make dessert in the Instant Pot! This fluffy, moist, and chocolatey cake will quickly become your new go-to recipe.
This post contains some affiliate links, which means that I make a small commission off items you purchase at no additional cost to you.